Regulatory expectations evolve, legislation is updated and the business environment changes. Our clients value our industry-focused knowledge and regulatory expertise which is available to them as and when needed whether it’s to shed light on a new development or tackle a project that has been on the to do list for too long. We bring a fresh perspective that is informed by current knowledge and a deep understanding of the industry.
While we know the legislation inside out, we’ll not simply recite the rules at you. We will provide you with the information you require to make informed decisions and suggest practical and achievable solutions that will be sufficient to meet your obligations without burying your business under regulatory constraints.
Areas we offer advice on include the following:
- Questions and issues that arise from onboarding new and monitoring existing clients, including due diligence and suspicious activity reporting.
- Development of policies and procedures to meet your regulatory obligations, such as safeguarding, capital adequacy, risk management, incident management and detecting and deterring financial crime.
- Regulatory reporting, COREP and fee data as well as notifications that should be made to the regulator.
- Fulfilling the money laundering reporting officer role including reporting suspicious activity and providing management information and reports.
- Complaints handling.
- Developing a culture of compliance.
- Preparing for compliance audits or regulatory inspections
- Compliance monitoring and testing
- Preparing for regulatory change including impact assessments and project management
- Guidance as to whether new business activities fall within the scope of regulation.