Senior Manager – Payments
Job Title: Senior Manager – Payments
Reporting to: Associate Director
Location: Belfast, with potential travel between our offices in Dublin and London
Grade: Senior Manager
Our vision, mission and strategic objectives
Keeping pace with ever changing regulatory requirements, while remaining competitive, presents a significant challenge for financial services businesses. This is an expansive landscape and the nuances of compliance are extremely complex. That’s where we come in.
At fscom we take a commercial approach to help our clients grow their business in a compliant way. We work in partnership with our clients and go the extra mile to understand their needs. Often, our clients are at the cutting edge of innovation within the payments ecosystem, requiring our people to have deep domain knowledge and technical expertise to provide appropriate and accurate advice.
We are members of the Association of Professional Compliance Consultants and adhere to their Code of Ethics.
fscom has been growing steadily since inception and has a strong growth plan moving forward. As part of this growth plan and recent business wins we are keen to recruit for a Senior Manager, a new role within our Payments team.
We are keen to recruit a technically strong compliance professional with in-depth knowledge of the payments industry and payment transactions. Working closely with our clients you will be required to advise them on all relevant legislation and regulatory requirements and assist them with the development of policies and procedures, whether it is to obtain authorisation from the regulator or to ensure compliance in order to maintain that authorisation, or on an ad hoc basis as requested by the client.
Working closely with the Director and Associate Director, the Senior Manager will be required to plan and lead client projects across all aspects of payment services and e-money regulation.
This role may also require you to work with other areas of the business, however your main area of expertise will be in payment services and e-money.
The role will be based in Belfast but will also require some travel to London or client site; our client reach is truly global and continues to grow rapidly.
Key tasks and challenges
The responsibilities of the role will include:
• Play an active role in the Senior Management Team, contributing to and delivering the sales and resourcing strategy of the company
• Line management responsibility for a number of Compliance Associates within the Payments Team
• Analysing, assessing client needs and supporting information and providing clear, concise and well thought-out, commercial advice
• Managing a number of client projects within the team, effectively, efficiently and to defined deadlines
• Liaison with internal and external stakeholders to progress project delivery e.g. Financial Crime, IT/Info Security, regulators and the client itself
• Identifying, driving and implementing process improvement initiatives
• Sharing your knowledge and expertise, supporting and mentoring other members of the team
• Developing your presence as a “thought leader” through writing blogs/white papers, speaking engagements and networking at key industry events
What you need for the role
The successful applicant ideally will meet the following criteria:
• 5+ years’ experience working as a compliance professional within the financial services sector
• Ideally some previous experience/knowledge of payments services/e-money
• Evidence of ability to quickly assimilate and analyse information
• Effective communicator with good interpersonal skills and ability to present to clients and senior management when required
• Able to build and successfully manage relationships with external and internal stakeholders
• Ability to analyse and summarise information received from clients, and translate into clear, articulate advice
• Demonstrable project delivery experience from initial scope through to delivery
• Evidence of leading meetings with clients and/or other external stakeholders
• A desire to learn and develop, whilst adopting a flexible pragmatic approach to your work
• A great team player: managing, supporting and mentoring other team members
fscom reserve the right to expand the criteria for this role dependent upon the number of applications received.
What will I get from the role?
You will have the opportunity to work for an award-winning consultancy business and with high-profile clients. This is an exciting opportunity to work with fscom at a critical time in our journey as we continue to grow and expand.
You will also be rewarded with working within a friendly and stimulating working environment where you will have a challenging and autonomous role that is critical to successful business delivery.
You will have a market leading salary, pension, and bonus potential.
How do I apply?
Please contact Lindsey McCracken at 07741 570276 if you have any further queries on the role. Alternatively please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please also submit an equal opportunity monitoring form.