Compliance Associate – Financial Crime/Audit
Job Title: Compliance Associate – Financial Crime/Audit
Reporting to: Associate Director
Location: Belfast, with potential travel between our offices in Dublin and London
Grade: CA – Compliance Associate
fscom is a fast growing, boutique consultancy business that specialises in the provision of regulatory and compliance advice to our clients, who are mainly large global, FinTechs. The company was established in 2011 and has been growing quickly ever since. We work closely with our clients as their “trusted advisors” throughout their company evolution and provide advisory and project-based work across three core technical areas, financial crime advisory, payment services and e-money regulations and IT & Information Security.
Our senior team are all industry experts and therefore working for fscom you will get the opportunity to learn from and work closely with some of the best compliance professionals in the UK. We have differentiated ourselves through our reputation for “deep domain knowledge” and technical expertise which is the foundation of our business.
As such, we have a solid and structured training and development plan tailored to each individual employee to ensure that they develop core consulting skills but also to further develop their technical expertise to enable them to progress throughout the firm.
We are members of the Association of Professional Compliance Consultants and adhere to the Code of Ethics.
The compliance associate will work as part of our fast-growing financial crime advisory team. This is a blended role which will require the incumbent to work on the delivery of financial crime advice and guidance for our clients but will also support the assurance side of the business on any financial crime audits.
Working closely as part of the team the compliance associate will be required to contribute and work on client projects across all aspects of financial crime to include anti-money laundering (AML), sanctions, counter terrorist financing (CTF), anti-bribery and corruption (ABC) and fraud (where applicable).
Key tasks and challenges
Working as part of this fast-growing team the compliance associate will be required to;
- Assist with the provision of high quality compliance advice to our clients from a financial crime perspective
- Work and deliver on multiple projects across financial crime advisory and/or audit
- Work closely with our client base to understand their business and be able to apply the legislation and regulation in a practical manner
- Undertake compliance audits for clients and make appropriate recommendations which achieve regulatory compliance for the client
- Stay up to date with regulatory updates
- Any other duties as reasonably required
Key skills and experience required for this role include;
- ICA Diploma in AML or CIA in Audit or another relevant qualification
- 2 + years’ experience working within a compliance/AML role gained working in-house within a financial services institution or alternatively from a consultancy business with a strong financial crime focus
- Familiarity with financial crime framework reviews
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret complex information and communicate this effectively
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage numerous deadlines and projects simultaneously
- Quick to learn, curious and constantly striving to develop technical expertise
- Collegiate outlook with the ability to work effectively as part of a cohesive team
fscom reserve the right to heighten the criteria for this role dependent upon the number of candidates.
What will I get from the role?
Working for fscom you will get the opportunity to work for a leading consulting business and deal with innovative FinTech clients. As the company continues its’ growth there will be plenty of opportunities for progression throughout the firm.
Working for us you will be part of a supportive and collaborative working environment and will benefit from a market leading salary and benefits package.
How do I apply?
Please contact Lindsey McCracken at 07741 570276 if you have any further queries on the role.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please also submit a fair employment monitoring form.