Associate Director – IT & Info Sec
Job Title: Associate Director – IT & Info Sec
Reporting to: Director
Location: Belfast, with travel between our offices in Dublin and London
Grade: Associate Director
Our vision, mission and strategic objectives
fscom is a boutique consultancy business providing specialist compliance and regulatory advice to our clients. We specialise within the FinTech sector and have a very strong reputation with payment services and e-money clients. We have grown quickly and have built our reputation through expertise, excellent client service and acting as a trusted Partner to help our clients grow their business in a compliant way. Our excellent reputation is a testament to the expertise of our people, particularly our directors, who are all industry experts.
We have three core technical areas financial crime advisory, payment services/e-money regulations and IT & Info Sec. In view of our strong growth strategy across these areas coupled with the enhanced regulatory obligations of the second Payment Services Directive and GDPR, we recognise the importance of extending our team of IT &InfoSec specialists to fully cater for our FinTech and payment services clients.
As such, we are now recruiting for an Associate Director in our IT & Info Sec team.
The Head of IT & InfoSec leads a team of compliance experts who advise clients on their regulatory obligations to maintain sound and secure information security systems and works with them to develop and implement effective policies and procedures. The Associate Director will be required to develop a strategy to grow the IT & InfoSec compliance consultancy function in fscom, including the identification and delivery of relevant service lines such as IT audit and advisory.
You will be a part of a wider team that provides expert guidance on payments and financial crime obligations and assurance to the payments and e-money sectors in the UK and Ireland and you will be an active contributor to our senior management team. You will therefore not only need to have the experience and knowledge for the role, but also credibility and a leadership style that attracts and maintains the confidence of a variety of stakeholders. Your approach will be solutions-focused and will rely on your ability to apply your expertise while building and maintaining productive working relationships. Your solutions are not only compliant, but they are commercially sound and client focused. The role is based in Belfast but involves frequent travel to London and Dublin, which may, occasionally, be at short notice.
Key tasks and challenges
What you need for the role
We cannot list everything the role entails as it is varied, and adapts to the needs of the business, our customers, and the industry. However, key tasks and challenges you are likely to encounter include:
- Take ownership in the development of commercial company strategies that enable the overall growth of the firm and the IT & Info Sec team
- Responsibility for developing new client relationships and maintaining existing relationships
- Adopting a continuous improvement approach to client delivery to ensure the quality of delivery
- Ensure the delivery of high quality interactions with clients every time, and resolve conflicts quickly and efficiently
- Train and develop the team to ensure that they have the same delivery expertise
- Keep ahead of regulatory developments and provide thought leadership
- Strategically develop commercially focused, client focused and compliant processes and practices
- Create opportunities to become recognised in strategically important and influential roles
- Develop the people management capabilities within your team through a deliberate sharing of knowledge and experience and passing on technical expertise internally
- Mentor your team (and potentially other colleagues)
- Active member of the senior management team and regular reporting to the Board
- Develop a strategic approach for the IT & InfoSec team and contribute to the leadership and management of the wider business
- Own and manage multiple projects
- Ensure those who are managing projects you own and the team members have the type of support they need
- Ensure your individual and team targets and objectives contribute towards the short and long-term success of the business, and deliver against the
- CISSP qualified or equivalent
- Significant practical experience in an IT & InfoSec role
- Deliverable knowledge of information security system frameworks such as TOGAF, Cobit 5 and ISO27001
- Proven experience in a relevant leadership role where you can demonstrate the ability to lead and influence
- Demonstrable people management experience to include coaching, managing performance and work delegation
- Proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely and authoritatively with senior professionals/management in a variety of ways
- Proven ability to design/create/influence a process and related procedures demonstrating initiative to challenge, identify, document and implement process improvements
- Track record of securing and maintaining high quality client relationships
1.1 Desirable experience
- Experience of working within payment services, with familiarity with the obligations of the second Payment Services Directive, including open banking and strong customer authentication.
- Familiarity with payment systems and/or payments technology.
fscom reserve the right to heighten the criteria for this role dependent upon the number of candidates.
What will I get from the role?
You will have the opportunity to work for an award-winning consultancy business with leading clients. This is an exciting opportunity work for fscom at a critical time in our journey and work for us as we are growing and expanding.
You will also be rewarded with working within a friendly and stimulating working environment where you will have a challenging and autonomous role that is critical to business.
You will have a market leading salary, bonus and pension.
How do I apply?
Please contact Lindsey McCracken at 07741 570276 if you have any further queries on the role or alternatively upload your CV.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community. Please also submit an equal opportunity monitoring form.